REQUIREMENT FOR ALL STUDENTS:
Students must own or rent the instrument of their study prior to starting lessons.
Where to obtain an instrument:
1. Ask your teacher to recommend a beginner's instrument within your budget.
2. Visit a music store such as Playground Music or Leitz Music (Fort Walton Beach or Panama City Beach), there you can learn about, purchase or rent an instrument. Yes, you can even rent a piano.
3. On the Internet: You may check around on line and compare cost. Often times, it is better to purchase from a local store.
4. Used on Craig's list. Ask your teacher, a musical friend, or the studio for advice. When using Craig's list, you should check the internet to confirm that the seller is giving you a good price. Sometimes a good deal is not so good. Conventional pianos are often given away for a mere $100 and moving a piano can cost $200. Old antique pianos (pre1900-1940) are just that, old and not worth moving or repairing.
5. School. The school system, at times, has instruments available for rent or lending to students such as trumpet, clarinet, flute, guitar etc...This might also mean that the student may have to join "the school band" which is a great venue to apply learning, develop musical relationships, experiences, and memories.
Students from local communities including Santa Rosa Beach, Freeport, Defuniak Springs, Destin, Panama City Beach, Rosemary Beach, Seagrove, Watercolor, Blue Mountain, Seacrest, Miramar, San Destin, and Watersound, Niceville, study music at our Studio.